French Language Development:
Students will learn the French language and learn in French through songs, games, and stories. There are numerous benefits to having a child learn a second language such as
- increasing a child’s cognitive abilities
- making him or her a more flexible and creative thinker (Lazaruk, W. “Linguistic, Academic, and Cognitive Benefits of French Immersion.”The Canadian Modern Language Review, 63, 5, August 2007, pp. 605–627)
- developing a child’s listening and learning skills
- developing a child’s self-discipline
- giving a child a competitive edge in the job market anywhere in Canada and in many other countries.
Play Based Learning
“Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.”
– Fred Rogers
Our childcare philosophy for the students of Ecole Des Petits Amis is to provide students with an early exposure to the French language in a fun, safe and engaging environment. Young children learn best when learning through play, at their own pace, in their own way. Preschool children should be exposed to a wide variety of purposeful play activities. Play and learning should coexist to help students grow and achieve their very best. There will always be a balance of structured and unstructured activities throughout our preschool day.